Welcome to the Curriculum Guide of Sonoma State University
The Office of Academic Programs supports and provides oversight in the area of curriculum development, including new degree programs; modification to existing degree programs; new course development and modification to courses.
The SSU Curriculum Guide assists faculty and the curriculum committees in the development and processing of curricular proposals. Information ranges from how to think about creating new programs to the process of approval for revision to a course. All Curriculum proposals must be submitted in Curriculog.
For assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org; for assistance with Curriculog, contact the Catalog & Curriculum Specialist, Kari Manwiller, (707) 664-4229; for ARR question, contact Katie Musick, (707) 664-2844.
Deadlines & Proposal Routing
Proposals are routed for approval as specified in each of the sections under Programs and Courses.
All curriculum and program requests must be submitted through Curriculog.
- New Degree Programs
Templates for creation of new degree programs can be found at the CSU website for Academic Programs and Faculty Development. Prior to developing a new degree program proposal, departments should consult with the AVP for Academic Programs.
- Program Revisions
- Elevating Concentrations to Full Degree Programs
- New Concentration and Minor Programs
- New Certificate/Credential Programs
- Discontinuing Programs
Proposals that require approval by Chancellor's Office:
- New baccalaureate or master's degree
- New subplan/concentration
- New Site Location, Program Modality or Program Source
Proposals that require notification to Chancellor's Office:
- Discontinue a baccalaureate or master's degree
- Discontinue a subplan/concentration
- Substantive changes to program or requirements
Proposals that do not need Chancellor's Office approval or notification:
- New minor, credential or certificate
- Discontinue minor, credential or certificate
- Minimal adjustments to the program
- Cosmetic changes to clarify existing program requirements
- Add approved course as "option" to existing list of electives
- Academic Reorganization
- Creation or elimination of noncredit program
- Proposing a New Course
- GE Courses
Please see the General Education web page for more information
- Course Revisions
- Inactivating or Reactivating Courses
- Special Topics and Cross-listed Courses
- Service-Learning Designation
- Internship Designation
- SEIE Courses