Academic Student Employees

Student employees performing certain types of academically-related work are classified in pay titles that are part of a collective bargaining agreement, Unit 11 (Academic Student Employees) represented by the International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace and Agricultural Implement Workers of America, AFL-CIO and its Local Union 4123.

For a useful guide to many resources including payroll and benefits, policies and procedures, responsibilities, and more, see:

Essentials for Teaching Associates, Graduate Assistants, and Instructional Student Assistants


As of Fall 2019, appointment letters will be emailed to the Academic Student Employee's Sonoma State email. Please see this FAQ document if you have any questions.

Review the process for hiring and appointing Academic Student Employees