The Graduate Level Learning Goals at Sonoma State University are derived from and approved by all graduate programs on campus. They are used to distinguish the graduate level educational experience at Sonoma State University and were approved by the Graduate Studies Subcommittee on March 5, 2020. The Graduate Level Learning Goals incorporate the Strategic Priorities of the campus including: student success, academic excellence, leadership cultivation, and transformative impact.
Graduate Level Learning Goals
- Disciplinary Knowledge: Expand mastery of a field of knowledge, both foundational and specific.
- Critical Thinking/Analysis: Demonstrate advanced skills of creative, analytical and critical thinking.
- Communication: Demonstrate advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Practical Application: Engage with practical and professional aspects of the field, such as research, projects, or professional experience.
- Professional Integrity: Demonstrate advanced knowledge and skills related to cultural and ethical aspects of the field.
- Integrative Dimension: Engage with competencies that integrate cultural, technological, ethical, practical, and/or professional aspects of the field.