Welcome to the Curriculum Guide of Sonoma State University
The Office of Academic Programs supports and provides oversight in the area of curriculum development, including new degree programs; modification to existing degree programs; new course development and modification to courses.
The SSU Curriculum Guide assists faculty and the curriculum committees in the development and processing of curricular proposals. Information ranges from how to think about creating new programs to the process of approval for revision to a course.
Deadlines & Proposal Routing
Proposals are routed for approval as specified in each of the sections under Programs and Courses.
All curriculum and program requests must be submitted through Curriculog.
- New Degree Programs
Templates for creation of new degree programs can be found at the CSU website for Academic Programs and Faculty Development. Prior to developing a new degree program proposal, departments should consult with the AVP for Academic Programs.
- Program Revisions
- Elevating Concentrations to Full Degree Programs
- New Concentration and Minor Programs
- New Certificate/Credential Programs
- Discontinuing Programs
- Proposing a New Course
- GE Courses
Please see the General Education web page for more information
- Course Revisions
- Inactivating or Reactivating Courses
- Special Topics and Cross-listed Courses
- Service-Learning Designation
- Internship Designation
- SEIE Courses
- All Curriculum proposals must be submitted in Curriculog
- Curriculum Glossary
- CSU Policy Library (NEW)
- CSU Course Classification (Staffing Formula)
Help Writing Course Learning Outcomes
- Curriculum Guide Contacts