The Office of Graduate Studies is committed to providing graduate students with all the resources they need to achieve their academic goals of mastery in a specific field of study. Our graduate programs are designed to provide graduate students with opportunities for independent study and research in order to broaden intellectual and creative capacity. Developed with the working professional in mind, programs are structured to allow for part-time enrollment, offer advantages to work closely with faculty and peers, and promote close supervision in culminating projects.
News & Announcements
- August 14, 2020, COVID-19: Student resources will continue to be accessed remotely during the COVID-19 response period. The office of Graduate Studies can be contacted via email firstname.lastname@example.org, and the Graduate Studies website is the hub for all forms and thesis submission information.
As announced previously on the Academic Affairs COVID-19 Info Hub, Teaching Associate and Graduate Assistant Tuition waivers will remain in place. It should be noted that students receiving these waivers are expected to continue to fulfill duties associated with their appointment, with appropriate adjustments for online instruction or other remote activities. We invite Program Coordinators to contact the Director of Graduate Studies for any assistance in addressing any specific issues or individual student needs. The Office of Graduate Studies seeks to support the valued experts in each of our graduate programs in responding to the unique circumstances created by COVID-19 to the greatest benefit for their students and programs.
- August 7, 2020, Orientation: The Fall semester is just around the corner and we have important information to share with you! Information on Fall 2020 Graduate Student Orientation will be available the week of August 17th. Students will be notified via their Sonoma State email address. Orientation will be delivered through a self-guided Canvas course and includes important information about general Master's degree requirements, studest resources and services at SSU, and polices specific to graduate students.
- May 15, 2020, Graduation: On behalf of the Office of Graduate Studies, congratulations to the class of 2020!
- May 15, 2020, Graduation with Departmental Distinction: The Office of Gradaute Studies would like to congratulate the following graduate students who have earned the honor of graduating with the class of 2020 with Departmental Distinction, demonstrating that they have gone above and beyond during their time at SSU:
- Haleigh Anderson (Public Administration)
- Nancy Bucey (Nursing)
- Breanne Cassells (English)
- Jennifer Dant (English)
- Dawn Garcia (Nursing)
- Yasmeen Ghavamian (Biology)
- David House (Computer Engineering Science)
- Holly Molinaro (Biology)
- Matthew Rosi (Computer Science Engineering)
- Saumya Saxena (Computer Science Engineering)
- Alexis Shiffer (Nursing)
- Eric Soto (English)
- Emily Sperou (Biology)
- Anthony Tercero (Biology)
- Han Ni Kaililah Tran (Nursing)
- Matthew Wells (Public Administration)
- Brooke Wrisley (English)
- May 15, 2020, Graduate Studies Outstanding Research Award: The Office of Graduate Studies would like to recognize the exceptional work of the two recipients of this award for the 2020 Virtual Research Gallery:
- David House (Computer Engineering Science) - "Metasurface Absorber for 24.125 GHz Using the Split Ring Resonator Metaparticle"
- Paris Krause (Biology) - "Using Remote Sensing to Determine Aboveground Biomass of California Oak Species".